May 24

BTN-SPACE MESSAGES

BTN LINK

summary-black

3 recalls-red

2 questions-blue

1 insight-green

This was about people messaging space to see if any kind of life form is in space.

For a long time, people have been gazing up at the stars wondering if something is out there in the billions of galaxies.

The first interteller was sent in 1962 in morse code and was aimed at Venus, so far there was no responce.

But then in 1974 then a group in Amercia used 2 different radio frequencies to transmit a code from Arecibo radio telescope to Puerto Rico, Also there is a problem if they want to take a message it will take 25,000 years to reach.

My question is if it takes 25,000 years wouldn’t they not be alive so how can they recieve it if they are not alive?

My other question is if they transmitted one to Venus woulden’t that take less then 25,000 years?

I wonder if Aliens are green and what we think they look like.

Posted May 24, 2017 by ryanc2016 in category BTN

2 thoughts on “BTN-SPACE MESSAGES

1. antsclass

Ryan,
    this sort of stuff fascinates me. I’m certain we are not alone in this gigantic universe, but your question about the time it takes to send these messages is an excellent one. We’d certainly have to be dedicated as a community to put this much time into communicating with such strangers! It’s so exciting to wonder about these concepts and makes us think deeply about our place and purpose in this amazing universe!
    Great work
    Ant

2. Prapti

Hi Ryan
    I like the way you pick the right type of btn video that you could write easily. I was really into reading this like you know what I mean i was really interested in what you had written on space message@1 For the next btn homework maybe I’l do this video!!!!!!🙂